Meet the Bloggers

Colm Ashe: I’m a senior New Media major from East Islip. I was born and raised on Long Island, but I’m always looking for new places to explore. I love artistic expression and I strive to make people feel with my writing. I also enjoy nature adventures, new ideas, and my guitar.

colm ashe

Erin BattagliaHello! My name is Erin Battaglia, and I am a sophomore here at Molloy. I am a New Media major with minor in Women’s Studies. I am currently a Social Media Web Intern for Molloy, so I get to help run social media platforms, write articles, and take photos at our events! I really enjoy editing, writing, and social media management. Social media and the digital universe is very intriguing to me, and I plan on making the subject my career when I graduate from Molloy in 2020!

Erin Battaglia taking photo of ocean

Jacqueline Bassey: Hey, Molloy! My name is Jacqueline Bassey, and I am a Dual Degree Marketing Major in the Business Honors Program. I live in Massapequa. I have been involved in Student Government, Campus Ministries and Molloy Performing Arts Club, and I was the secretary of Circle K. I am also a Business Ambassador, and I am the founder of the Molloy Arts and Crafts Club, which won Rookie of the Year for the 2016-2017 school year. I am an intern at American Red Cross Long Island, and I am currently in Florida interning with Disney. I love dessert, Disney, Frank Sinatra, Billy Joel, and The Office. I love going on bike rides to Jones Beach! In my life I have learned to keep pushing for what you want, because hard work pays off.

Jackie Bassey

Clarissa Bernardo: Hello all, my name is Clarissa Marie Bernardo. I am an incoming junior and currently a nursing major. I love children and hope to become a pediatric registered nurse. I naturally have a caring personality, and I enjoy putting people before myself. As a future nurse, I wish to make an impact on peoples’ lives and make a difference in every patient. Family is a priority to me. Everything I do, my family is always in my heart. One of my favorite hobbies is writing; I’ve owned several journals since I was a child. Writing is very relaxing and helps one release their inner thoughts. Some other activities that have taken over my life are running, dance, and basketball. I love to travel and have been to Spain, France, the Philippines, and across the United States. Traveling has allowed me to experience different cultures and helped me develop a greater appreciation for the blessings in my life.

clarissa

Christie Catterson: Salutations! My name is Christie Catterson and I am currently a junior Biology Pre-Med major with a double minor in Chemistry and Psychology. My dream job is to be an amazing surgeon like Cristina Yang on Grey’s Anatomy. You can usually spot me on campus in the Office of Student Affairs or in the MSG office. I am a member of both the Women’s Tennis and Track and Field teams. A fun fact about me is that I was adopted from China when I was 9 months old and have lived in America ever since. Over this past summer, I had the amazing opportunity to study abroad in Dundalk, Ireland, as an intern in an electrochemistry lab. I also had the chance to travel to London, England, and Rome, Italy, and cannot wait to travel some more!

Anika Chowdhury:  I’m a rising sophomore from West Babylon. NY.  I am a Bio/Pre-Med major and English and Chem minor in the Honors program.  My favorite part of being a Molloy Lion are the endless opportunities to get involved and meet new people!

Christopher Giovinco: My name is Christopher Giovinco. I live in Oceanside, New York, and I am a 19-year-old rising junior at Molloy College. I am a Business Marketing major with a minor in Journalism.

Bethany Lindeblad: I’m a music therapy major. Jazz, tea, books, dark chocolate & rain are among my favourite things. Fun fact: I collect snow globes.

Christopher Martin: My name is Christopher Martin and I am a junior majoring in accounting with a minor in philosophy and American studies. I am a member of the Molloy Ultimate Frisbee team and a Business Ambassador. As an active member with the United Nations, I work with the United Nations NGO Committee on Social Development and the United Nations Working Group on Youth and Gender Equality. I have a strong affinity for international affairs and I love to experience and learn about new cultures. In my spare time, I love to listen to chill electronic music and my favorite hobby is photography.

Uganda Ronnie and Chris

Arielle Mayer: My name is Arielle Mayer and I am a second-year graduate student in the communication sciences and disorders department. During my time as an undergraduate student at Molloy College, I double majored in speech language pathology and Spanish. I feel that studying Spanish here at Molloy has given me a huge advantage in interacting with many of the clients/patients I treat at the clinic, as well as my at my externships.
arielle mayer

Elizabeth Meittinis: Hi, everyone! I am a rising junior childhood education/special education major with a history concentration. I am a commuter from College Point, Queens. I am a Student Ambassador and Orientation Leader, and a Social Media Ambassador I work in Campus Ministries and take part in many of their events. I was the Community Service Coordinator this past year on Molloy Student Government and I am an active member of the Education Club, Molloy Preforming Arts Club and Dominican Young Adults. I’m a huge coffee addict and I have an obsession with Sara Bareilles, Zac Brown Band and Abraham Lincoln! In my spare time, I love spending time with my family and friends, watching Netflix, reading and going on adventures!

liz meittinis

Danielle Miller: I’m a junior adolescent and special education major with a concentration in history. I’m also minoring in psychology. I am from Suffolk County (Middle Island, New York) and I’m a resident student. I am very involved at Molloy as a Student Ambassador, Vice President of Finance and Correspondence of the Residence Life Council, and an active member of the Education Club and Campus Ministries. In my down time, I love to watch hockey, travel, and spend time with my friends and family.

Gardenia Molina: Greetings, my name is Gardenia Molina. I am currently in my junior year in the Social Work program at Molloy. I am proud product of immigrant parents. I am proud of my Hispanic culture and heritage. Although I have not gone back to my family’s home country, El Salvador, in six years, I hope to return to give back to the impoverished areas my parents grew up in. I enjoy nature walks and spending quality time with my family. I am the first person to go to college in my family and I hope to set the path for my two-year-old daughter, Layla as well. My strength to fight for social justice comes from my desire to make a better and peaceful world for my daughter.

Sarah Moughal: Hey all, I’m Sarah Moughal a current junior, majoring in Accounting with a minor in Art History. I am a fashion enthusiast and art fanatic. Fun fact: I have interned at New York Fashion Week! I run Circle K International here at Molloy, and I am a Molloy Insider Ambassador. Most of my spare time is spent in the city socializing and exploring museums, restaurants and landscapes. I advocate for diversity and promote laughter. Always busy, happy, stress free and optimistic. I enjoy running, cultural exposure and all kinds of desserts! Also, I am known for having a never-ending story on Snapchat! I am easy to get along with, very motivated and positive. I believe one woman can change the world and I strive to be her!

Austin Nieves: Hi, my name is Austin Nieves. I’m going into my senior year here at Molloy College. I am a nursing major with hopes of getting my masters and becoming a nurse practitioner. I also play baseball here at Molloy. My passions include sports, fitness, and nature. One day I would like to use my sports background to become a physical trainer/coach and work with young athletes. I grew up in a large family who I love with all of my heart. Having a large family and growing up in Queens, New York, has allowed me to keep an open mind which I am very proud of. My goals in life are to be the most well-rounded person I can be and to travel the world. While I have seen a lot from traveling across the country for baseball going to Puerto Rico often, I know I have only just scratched the surface of what the world has to offer. While I only started writing a short time ago, I feel it is one of the best ways to record experiences and that is my intention for the Molloy Voices blog. If there is one thing I’ve learned in my life, it is to keep moving forward; even in the darkest of times eventually you will catch up with the sun.

austin bio photo

Kristen Ponticelli: Hi there, everyone! I’m a senior here at Molloy and a nursing major. I am a soon to be oncology nurse.  I have a passion for caring for others and making their worst days better.

Kristen Ponticelli

Anna Risolo: I am an English adolescent/special education major and a psychology minor. Literature, music, and old movies are my usual pass times. I would consider myself an old soul. My dream is to live on a beautiful ranch in sunny Florida and go kayaking every morning and travel to every country in the world at least once. I have been obsessed with penguins since I can remember, and I occasionally shoot a bow and arrow.

Daniel Woods: I am currently a graduate student in the clinical mental health counseling program and formerly an undergrad at Molloy with a double major in psychology and philosophy. I work as a graduate assistant for my program’s department as well as doing tutoring at New Ground. I’ve wanted to work in the mental health field since early high school. As a counselor I hope to provide couples and family therapy as my specialty. I love to practice mindfulness and Zen meditation, listen to progressive metal music, and go on camping trips.

Daniel Woods